Main content

Top content

Applying for higher semesters

With a few exceptions, the undergraduate study programs at Osnabrück University only accept new students from the winter semester. This means that higher semester students starting at an uneven semester level (3, 5) are generally accepted for the winter semester, and those starting at an even semester level (2, 4, 6) are accepted for the summer semester.

Application from outside Germany

From outside Germany, you can only apply for first semester undergraduate admittance.
Osnabrück University does not always give credit for all classes taken at international universities. Only the examination board (Prüfungsausschuss) of the appropriate School can decide when credit will be given to students to enable them to begin studying at a higher semester level. However, it is only possible to assess classes taken abroad once you are studying at Osnabrück University. To start this process, go to the Admissions Office (Studierendensekretariat) where you will complete an application form for submission to the appropriate examination board, along with the rest of your transcripts.

You are already registered at a German university?

If you are already registered at a German university, you may apply to Osnabrück University for higher semester undergraduate admittance in the same study subject. You must include a copy of your university registration with your application, which will provide information about your status at the university. If you wish to be credited for classes taken in another field, you must submit the appropriate application and proof of the classes taken to the competent examination board. The Admissions Office (Studierendensekretariat) can provide further information.