"PhD_IQ³" is the International Office's support and qualification program for international PhD students.
The program includes a series of events such as workshops, seminars, excursions, discussion evenings and other formats.
Under guidance of the International Office, a group of four international doctoral students plans, promotes and organizes this series of events on topics of relevance to both international and local doctoral students.
This gives Ph.D. students the opportunity for further academic and non-academic qualification. In addition, interdisciplinary networks are formed and doctoral students are given the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing internationalization of the UOS.
Applications now open!
The latest call for applications (PDF, 95 kB) is open until May 31st, 2021. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Call for applications
Funded by the Federal Foreign Office, STIBET Doktoranden is the DAAD's scholarship and support programme for international doctoral and postdoctoral students. Within the framework of this programme, Osnabrück University’s International Office invites international doctoral candidates who are not employed by the university to apply for one of four fee contracts (a so-called “Honorarvertrag”). Each contract amounts to 1000€ and covers the period from June to December 2021.
"PhD_IQ3" involves a series of events that may include workshops, seminars, excursions, discussion evenings and other formats. Closely accompanied by the International Office, a group of four international doctoral candidates plan, advertise and execute these events. You are thus given an opportunity to build up your resume for academic and non-academic purposes, to create networks across disciplinary and national borders, and to contribute to the progressive internationalization of the UOS.
- Plan and execute the first "PhD_IQ³" project in cooperation with the three other selected PhDs under the supervision of the International Office
- Selecting topics, event formats and overall themes
- Conceptualizing, planning and implementing project activities in cooperation with the other three PhDs
- Assuming sole responsibility for at least one event (e.g. workshops, seminars, excursions, discussion evenings, etc.)
- Active participation in the kick-off-workshop
- Networking with other doctoral students at the University of Osnabrück
- Short report after completion of the series of events together with the other three selected PhDs (approx. two pages; an evaluation form will be handed out by the International Office at the appropriate time)
Eligibility and selection criteria
- UOS’ international doctoral students from all disciplines without active employment at Osnabrück University between June and December 2021 are welcome to apply
In terms of STIBET doctoral students, international students are doctoral students with foreign citizenship who did not acquire their higher education entrance qualification at a school in Germany
- Determined and committed pursuit of the doctorate
- Special interest in international networking and exchange
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Letter of motivation (preferably including 1-2 short descriptions of ideas for project activities)
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments. If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please submit your complete application to the International Office until 31 May 2021 (exclusively as a single PDF document to email@example.com).
Your contact person for any questions or feedback
Malte Paolo Benjamins
Tel.: +49 541 969-4972
Fax: +49 541 969-4495
Neuer Graben 27
Sprechzeiten: Mo, Mi 14-15:30 Uhr, Di, Do 10-12 Uhr