Cost of living
© Universität Osnabrück / Michael Münch
Roughly the following costs will be incurred (you will need around € 750 per month to cover your cost of living):
- Books, copies and other study materials: € 25 to 50 per month
- Rent: € 150 to 300 per month
- Food: student canteens (Mensa), run by Osnabrück Student Services, offer inexpensive meals (for about € 3 per day).
An additional € 75 to 130 per month is required to prepare meals at home.
- Health insurance: around € 90 per month
- Semester fees: € 339.91 for the winter semester 2017/18 (reduced fees for exchange students and DAAD scholarship holders: € 264.91)
- Housing deposit: you will generally be asked to pay a deposit for an apartment or room, which will be reimbursed when you move out. Private rooms or apartments usually require a deposit of three months’ rent. Student residences require a deposit of € 250 for a room and € 500 for an apartment.