Regular Bachelor, Master and PhD students (no exchange students from partner universities) can find additional information here.
At the beginning of each semester, the International Office runs a Welcome Week for new international students. They are given an overview of Osnabrück University and the city and are given the chance to get to know other students.
International students are strongly urged to participate in the Welcome Week. Not only will they be given a great deal of information, they will also receive assistance in dealing with the necessary formalities. At the beginning of the semester, individual assistance is only offered in exceptional cases.
The Welcome Week usually includes:
1. An overview of the University and its institutions:
- Welcoming speech by the Vice-president for Academic Program Development and Teaching
- Subject-related advice in organizing your studies and choosing your classes (exchange students)
- Assistance in making appointments with professors and advisors in your specific School or Department (exchange students)
- Introduction to advisory services and other services at Osnabrück University
- Introduction to German and foreign language courses
- Breakfast with other participating international students
- Introduction to myUOS
2. Assistance with authorities in small groups:
- Opening a bank account and paying semester fees (exchange students)
- Taking out health insurance(exchange students)
- Help with enrollment / registration
- Help with the formalities for the Ausländerbehörde (Foreigners' Office) and the Bürgeramt (Registration Office)
3. Leisure time:
- Tour of the city
- Pub crawl
- Day trip to a local city
Regular Bachelor and Master students should also attend the general introduction week ("Erstsemesterwoche") at the university.