PhD/Postdoc Career Center
As an umbrella organization, the PhD/Postdoc Career Center at Osnabrück University brings together doctoral candidates and postdocs from all Schools of Osnabrück University linking the entire research-oriented training for doctoral candidates. The PhD/Postdoc Career Center provides training opportunities for all doctoral candidates and postdocs specially tailored to their needs as well as individual advancement to optimize their scientific work and to enable them to acquire labor market-related skills. ZePrOs-Flyer
Apply now: Mentoring Program for female doctoral candidates „Career prospects after the doctorate“
The 12-month Mentoring Program targets all female doctoral candidates of Osnabrück University who are in the orientation phase regarding their career path after the PhD. Female doctoral candidates who are the first to study in their families are especially welcome to apply. The program includes a counselling relationship with an experienced manager, seminars, topic-related networking events and a framework program. The application deadline is January 17th, 2020. Please find further information about the program and the application procedure here.
„Language of leaders“ on January 31, 2020
A leadership position makes high demands on a person’s communication skills: One has to communicate goals, expectations and procedures in clear and comprehensible terms and use language effectively in order to inspire, motivate, express understanding and empathy, draw attention, warn and discipline. Leaders and people with leadership ambitions must therefore be highly aware of their own language use and be able to adapt their communication in accordance with the requirements of the situations they face. This workshop offers you the opportunity to practice your English for a set of communicative tasks that leaders often have to carry out.
All kinds of information about doing a PhD
- Quality standards for Doctorates at Osnabrück University
- Individual Development Plan for Doctorates (EN, PDF form) (PDF, 1,3 MB)
- Confirmation of conclusion of an Individual Development Plan (EN, PDF Form) (PDF, 32 kB)
- Leaflet on PhDs (in German) (PDF, 20 kB)
- How to write an exposé (in German)
- How to write an exposé (in English) Source: University of California, Berkeley
- Guidelines to ensure good scientific practice
- Shaping a doctorate together (PDF, 249 kB)
- General information for prospective PhD students (in German) (PDF, 187 kB)