PhD/Postdoc Career Center
© Universität Osnabrück / Michael Münch
As an umbrella organization, the PhD/Postdoc Career Center at Osnabrück University brings together doctoral candidates and postdocs from all schools of Osnabrück University, linking the entire research-oriented training for doctoral candidates. The PhD/Postdoc Career Center provides training opportunities for all doctoral candidates and postdocs, specially tailored to their needs, as well as individual advancement to optimize their scientific work and to enable them to acquire labor market-related skills. ZePrOs-Flyer
The “Career direct” program offered by the PhD/Postdoc Career Center provides bespoke support to young female researchers seeking to develop their careers.
All kinds of information about doing a PhD
- Quality standards for Doctorates at Osnabrück University
- Individual Development Plan (IDP), doc
- Individual Development Plan (IDP), pdf
- Confirmation of conclusion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for PhD Studies (cover sheet)
- Leaflet on PhDs (in German) (PDF, 20 kB)
- How to write an exposé (in German) (PDF, 188 kB)
- How to write an exposé (in English) Source: Berkley University of California
- Guidelines to ensure good scientific practice
- Shaping a doctorate together (PDF, 249 kB)
- General information for prospective PhD students (in German) (PDF, 187 kB)
promos- Doctoral Students' Council
Doctoral students make up one of the largest groups of stakeholders at a university, but they often do not have a unified voice and rarely have the opportunity to connect to fellow students outside of their disciplinary boundaries. This is why the Doctoral Students' Council (promos) was set up to speak for all doctoral students of Osnabrück University, while also providing a platform for interdisciplinary exchange. In our work, we represent the doctoral students of Osnabrück University in university-wide committees and to outside interests. You can find more information - for example abour our "Promovierenden-Stammtisch" and our newsletter - at: www.promos.uni-osnabrueck.de. If you have any suggestions, ideas or want to join us and become active in the Doctoral Students' Council, send us an e-mail!
Postdoc-representatives at Osnabrueck University
The aim of the postdoc representatives in the Scientific Advisory Council of the PhD/ Postdoc Career Center (ZePrOs) is to ensure that the particular interests and needs of the second qualification phase will be adequately considered.
An informal regulars’ table, a mailing list with information about events around the Osnabrück University, as well as the study group “Postdocs at Osnabrück University” (Stud.IP) [>StudIP – Community – Study groups – Postdocs at Osnabrück University<] with information and discussion rounds on the improvement of the situation of young scientists, serve as an interdisciplinary exchange of information and networking among the postdocs of Osnabrück University.
We would be delighted about your participation!
Postdoc representatives at Osnabrück University:
As part of the regular meetings of the postdocs, following contact persons were named within the school.
Contact persons are (as of 13.02.2017):
- Dr. rer. nat. Matthijs Kol, School of Biology/Chemistry
- Matthew Adamson Ph. D., School of Mathematics/Computer Science
- Dr. phil. Andrea Stahl, School of Language an Literary Studies
- Dr. rer. nat. Natalie Ulrich, School of Human Science
The PhD/Postdoc Career Center Environmental Group
The PhD/Postdoc Career Center Environmental Group is on the lookout for new members!
The Environmental Group is composed of young scholars from various disciplines. The group currently includes doctoral candidates from the areas of History, Geography, Political Science, Law, Biodidactics and Systems Science.