Plan your project
Are you planning to visit Osnabrück for research purposes?
Before you decide to come to Osnabrück, you should first ascertain whether your research project can be realized at Osnabrück University. Please consult the websites of Osnabrück University’s Schools (courses on offer, teaching staff, key research areas and teams).
Staff at the International Office will be glad to help you find an academic mentor or host institute, and will pass on your inquiry to suitable institutes.
In order to prepare for your stay, it is important that you contact your academic host at an early stage to:
• inquire about academic assistance for grant applications
• prepare your research
• agree on the research period
• ensure applications for financial support, e.g. to the DAAD, are submitted on time
• gain information about the host institute, spatial requirements and equipment
• get help with house-hunting
• obtain an employment contract, in the event of employment (coordination with Human Resources).
German language skills
International visiting scholars may attend classes in German as a Foreign Language during semester in consultation with theLanguage Center. In addition, several language schools in Osnabrück offer foreigners the possibility to learn or improve their German skills. TheInternational Office will be glad to advise you.
At Osnabrück University , English is the scientific language used, particularly in the Sciences, meaning that a basic knowledge of German will be useful in your everyday life.