The topic of intercultural competence became more and more important during the past few years: globalization and worldwide contacts between companies, organizations and
individuals need the ability to communicate in a successful way.
Intercultural competence is the ability of successful communication with people of other cultures. Intercultural communication serves a vital role in forestalling
miscommunication and misunderstanding, in coping with intercultural situations, in breaking down barriers and in understanding of cultural conditioning.
The lecture is aimed at understanding of cross-cultural dynamics, cultural dimensions and structures. The main points of the course are:
- Categorizing Cultures
- Cultural Patterns
- Cultural dimensions
- Communication pattern and intellectual styles
- Status, Leadership and Organization - National culture and company culture
The course provides a theoretical input which will be put into practice as well. Participants will study various communication models for understanding behavior within a cultural context and learn to communicate for a positive impact.
Zeiten: Mi. 18:00 - 20:00 (wöchentlich)
Erster Termin: Mi , 21.10.2020 18:00 - 20:00, Ort: 22/106
Veranstaltungsart: Seminar (Offizielle Lehrveranstaltungen)
- Veranstaltungen > Für alle Studierenden > Veranstaltungen des International Office
- Courses in English > Cultural Studies and Social Sciences (e.g. European Studies, International Relations)
- Courses in English > Educational and Cultural Studies
- Courses in English > Physics
- Courses in English > Biology/Chemistry
- Courses in English > Mathematics/Computer Science
- Courses in English > Language and Literary Studies
- Courses in English > Human Sciences (e.g. Cognitive Science, Psychology)
- Courses in English > Business Administration and Economics
- Courses in English > Law