Within a binational research project on Inner Speech, the Institute of Philosophy at Osnabrück University invites applications for
2 PhD positions (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 65 %)
to be filled as of October 1, 2023 for a period of 3 years.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Work on a research project (dissertation) on a topic pertaining to the project
- Research collaboration with the other project particiapnts
- Help in organizing – and active participation in – project workshops and meetings, and the project website
- An academic degree (Master/Diploma) in philosophy or cognitive science
- If the master’s degree is not in philosophy, the BA- or MA Thesis should be clearly philosophical
- Proven expertise in philosophy of language or philosophy of mind / cognition
- High-level English language skills
- Interest in interdisciplinary research
The positions are part of a binational research project entitled How can we think in a language? Principal Investigators are Nikola Kompa (Universität Osnabrück) und Christopher Gauker (Universität Salzburg). The present positions are for doctoral studies and will be directed by Nikola Kompa in Osnabrück. Fellowships in Salzburg have been advertised separately. German language skills will be advantageous in a German-speaking environment but are not strictly required. For more information on the project, see: https://www.philosophie-cms.uni-osnabrueck.de/index.php?id=2155
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please submit your application with the usual supporting documentation (letter of motivation, CV, writing sample – either a journal article or a core chapter of the master’s thesis – copies of the degree certificates) together with an exposé (1000 words) of a research proposal on a project-related topic in electronic form (as a single pdf-file) by June 4, 2023 to Prof. Nikola Kompa (email@example.com).
We look forward to receiving your application.