Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)
(Pay Scale E 13 TV-L, 100%)
The Molecular Cell Biology Division in the Department of Biology/Chemistry at the University of Osnabrück is seeking to appoint a post-doctoral scientist to commence work at the earliest possible date.
The position is temporary limited until 31.05.2027.
The position is embedded in Recon4IMD, an EU-funded consortium of researchers and clinicians who seek to accelerate the diagnosis of inherited metabolic diseases (IMDs) by personalized genomic, proteomic and metabolomic data-driven computer models (www.recon4imd.org). For modeling IMDs that affect lipid metabolism (e.g. Gaucher, Niemann-Pick), the successful candidate will collaborate with systems biologists and bioinformaticians to reconstruct the highly interconnected and compartmentalized lipid metabolic network. Isotope labeling experiments with patient-derived cell lines will be combined with organellar lipidomics to infer the impact of IMDs on the lipid metabolic network, evaluate computational data, and explore options for therapeutic intervention.
Key references: Sokoya et al., 2022, eLife 11, e79278; Thiele et al., 2020, Molecular Systems Biology 16, e8982; Pekkinen et al., 2019, JCI Insight 4, e126180; Holthuis and Menon, 2014, Nature 510, 48-57
- Completed first degree (M.Sc. or comparable) in biology, biochemistry or bioinformatics
- PhD degree in biology, biochemistry or bioinformatics
- Solid background in lipid cell biology, membrane biochemistry and/or biomolecular mass spectrometry
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills and ability to initiate productive collaborations across a pan-European network of research institutes, academic hospitals and patient organizations
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- A cutting-edge research project at the interface of membrane enzymology, medical biochemistry and systems biology with ample opportunities for developing an extensive academic network
- State-of-the-art instrumental infrastructure in a cooperative working environment (CellNanOS; https://www.cellnanos.uni-osnabrueck.de/en)
- Participation in the Collaborative Research Center SFB 1557 „Functional plasticity of cellular membrane networks” and its support programs (https://irtg.uni-osnabrueck.de/application/sfb-1557.html)
- Collegial cooperation in an interdisciplinary and international research team working on fundamental and disease-relevant aspects of lipid cell biology
The position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please send your application including an informative letter of motivation, CV, publication list as well as the contact details of two academic referees as a single PDF-document to the Dean of the School of Biology/Chemistry (firstname.lastname@example.org) until June 30th, 2023, quoting reference code “ReconIMD4”.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Joost Holthuis (email@example.com; Phone +49 541 969 7140) or by visiting our website: https://holthuis-lab-uos.de/positions.
We look forward to receiving your application.