The Institute for Mathematics in the Department of Mathematics/Computer Science at the University of Osnabrück is looking for a person to join the "Systems Science" working group from January 1, 2023
Research Associate (m/f/d)
(salary group 13 TV-L, 75 %)
The position is initially limited until July 17, 2025. A prolongation is purposed.
- Participation in the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) project "AMPHIDEB: Development of biologically-based models in environmental risk assessment to assess the effects of chemicals and pathogenic fungi on amphibian and reptile populations"
- Participation in the "Systems Science" working group
- A very well completed scientific university degree in applied systems science, environmental systems science, mathematics or similar
- Very good knowledge in the field of mathematical modeling of environmental or biological systems
- Basic knowledge of the environmental behavior of chemicals
- A structured and independent way of working, reliability and commitment
- Solid knowledge of English
- A very good completed PhD in the field of mathematical modelling of environmental or biological system
- Very good knowledge of DEB (Dynamic Energy Budget) modelling
- Knowledge of reptile/amphibian biology
We offer you:
- Participation in a very recent research project in the field of pesticide risk assessment
- Participation in an outstanding research network
- A varied, interesting job in the "Systems Science" working group of the Institute of Mathematics
- If interested, participation in university teaching in the field of environmental system modeling with the possibility of filling up the position
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please send applications with the necessary documents (curriculum vitae, certificates, certificates, research interests) (in electronic form in a pdf document) by September 30, 2022 to Katharina Keller (email@example.com). We look forward to receiving your application.
Further information on this job advertisement can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Andreas Focks (firstname.lastname@example.org).