Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(Pay Scale 13 TV-L, 75 %)
The Institute of Mathematics belonging to the School of Mathematics/Computer Science is seeking to appoint a Research Assistant to commence work on 1st of January 2023.
This is a temporary, three-year position.
- Conduct research within the DFG-project on "Uniform triangulations and generalized derangement polynomials"
- Preparation of publications in connection with the mentioned DFG-project
- The position allows for further scientific qualification (Ph.D.)
The research interests of the mentioned research group are mainly focused on commutative algebra, discrete mathematics, discrete and combinatorial geometry as well as topological combinatorics. The DFG-project investigates relations between special types of triangulations and generalized derangement polynomials, as well as their properties.
- You will have completed an excellent academic degree in Mathematics
- Background in one or more of the areas discrete and combinatorial geometry, topological, geometric and algebraic combinatorics and discrete mathematics.
- A structured and independent approach to work.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please submit your application (including a CV, relevant publications (e.g., the master thesis), transcripts and addresses of two academic references for recommendation letters) exclusively electronically to Prof. Dr. Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than the 30th of September 2023. We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Martina Juhnke-Kubitzke (Tel. +49 541 969 2554).