The Bio-inspired Computer Vision research group (Prof. Dr. Gunther Heidemann) of the Institute of Cognitive Science invites applications for a
Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 75%)
to be filled as of November 1, 2022 for a period of 3 years.
The position allows for further scientific qualification (Ph.D, alternatively the German doctorate degree).
The Bio-inspired Computer Vision Group conducts research mainly in the fields of:
- Visual learning for still images and video data,
- Deep Learning algorithms for Computer Vision,
- Cognitively motivated vision architectures,
- Applications in biomedical imaging,
- 3D- Vision
- Auditory Display/Sonification of visual data.
Description of Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be involved in several research projects and may supervise B.Sc. and M.Sc. projects.
- The position involves teaching Cognitive Science courses at B.Sc. and M.Sc. level (3 hours/week).
- Candidates are expected to have an excellent academic degree (Master/Diploma), knowledge in at least one of the above fields, as well as good programming skills.
- A good command of the English language is mandatory.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF file to the Director of the Institute of Cognitive Science (email@example.com) no later than October 5, 2022. Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Gunther Heidemann (firstname.lastname@example.org).