Applications are invited for
Research Assistant (PhD or Post Doc) in Romance Linguistics (m/f/d)
(Salary Level E 13 TV-L, 50%)
at the Institute for “Romanistik und Latinistik” of the Department of Language and Literature (Prof. Dr. Oliver Ehmer). Position starting March 1, 2024 or by arrangement with an initial duration of 3 years. An increase of the position during the term is possible if applicable.
- Execution of a PhD or Habilitation project in the field of Romance Linguistics (preferably Spanish, French possible)
- Teaching of courses in romance linguistics, amounting to 2 LVS
- Participation in research projects led by the professor
- Administrative duties
- In case of a PhD: completed university studies in Linguistics or philology (Master’s)
- In case of a Post Doc: completed university studies in Linguistics or philology (Master’s) and completed PhD
- Willingness to do field recordings abroad
- Advanced knowledge in the fields of interactional linguistics, conversation analysis and/or spoken language
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish Linguistics (alternatively French Linguistics) and the Spanish language; knowledge of a second Romance language is desirable
- Experience with linguistic flied recordings
- Experience in organizing scientific events
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please include the following in your application:
• Letter of motivation, tabular CV, university degree, contact details of two personal references
• Draft of a possible research project (approx. 800 words, excluding references)
• If applicable: list of publications, list of courses taught
• Sample of an academic text (e.g. master’s thesis, article, dissertation thesis)
Applications are to be submitted electronically in a single document in PDF format (example texts separately), using the identifier 2023_EHM2, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: December 15, 2023.
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Oliver Ehmer (email@example.com).
We look forward to your application.