The Department of Physics of Osnabrück University invites applications for the position of a
PhD student (f/d/m) in the area of electron spectroscopy
(salary group E 13 TV-L, 50 %)
for the duration of 3 years to start as soon as possible.
Description of responsibilities:
- research aiming at a PhD degree during working hours as well as a teaching duty of two hours per week during term time
- electron spectroscopy studies on oxides and diamond as well as doping of diamond. Methods involved will be metastable impact electron spectroscopy (MIES), X ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS) and ultraviolet photoelectron spectroscopy (UPS)
- interaction within an interdisciplinary consortium for the development of a quantum computer involving NV centres in diamond
- a master degree in physics
- proficiency in the German language and the determination to become fluent in German within a short time
- experience in electron spectroscopy and ultra-high vacuum technology
- an excellent research infrastructure, an interesting research field and a cooperative working environment
- a well funded project embedded into strong local and international cooperations
Osnabrück University has been certified as a family-friendly university committed to helping working/studying parents and careers balance their family and work life.
The university aspires to ensure equal opportunities for men and women and strives to work towards a gender balance in schools or departments where new appointments are made.
If equally qualified candidates apply, preference will be given to those with special needs.
Applications should be submitted electronically to the secretariat of Prof. Dr. Reichling (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrive no later than 10/15/2019. For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Michael Reichling at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!