The Natural Language Processing research group (Prof. Dr. Elia Bruni) of the Institute of Cognitive Science invites applications for
1 Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(Salary level 13 TV-L, 100%)
to be filled as soon as possible for a period until December 31, 2023.
Description of Responsibilities:
The position is sponsored by the Digitalisierungsprofessuren fund, with the central goal of upgrading the digital format of the courses of the Natural Language Processing research group. Furthermore, the position will involve research activities in the group. Our research focuses on using Deep Learning methods for both Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing to gain a multimodal representation and understanding of the world. For this particular position, there will be freedom in terms of which specific sub-topic(s) to investigate.
- An academic degree (Master/Diploma) in Computer Science or Cognitive Science, with particular focus on Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with teaching Natural Language Processing and ideally with experience in curating content in a digital format
- Outstanding publication track in the area of Natural Language Processing
- In possess of ability to conduct original research, as demonstrated, for example, by a first-author publication or a senior thesis
- An excellent command of the English language
The position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF-file to the Director of the Institute of Cognitive Science (firstname.lastname@example.org osnabrueck.de) no later than December 2, 2022.
Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Elia Bruni (elia.bruni@uni osnabrueck.de).