The Neurobiopsychology Research Group (Prof. Dr. Peter König) of the Institute of Cognitive Science invites applications for
1 Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 75% - 100%)
to be filled as of May 1, 2023 for a period of three years.
The position allows for further scientific qualification (Ph.D / habilitation) and can be held full-time or part-time.
Description of Responsibilities:
The position involves participation in research on sensory augmentation and sensorimotor integration under natural conditions. This requires the recording of behaviour, including eye and body movements, in a virtual reality environment, combined with the measurement of neuronal activity (EEG). Furthermore, the recorded data will be processed utilizing advanced methods of data analysis and statistical testing. The position involves teaching Cognitive Science courses at B.Sc. and M.Sc. levels (4 hours/week).
- Applicants are expected to have an excellent academic degree (Master/Diploma or Master/Diploma plus a Ph.D) in Cognitive Science or related fields.
- Profound knowledge of cognitive processes relating to sensory augmentation and spatial cognition.
- Extensive experience in conducting complex experiments in virtual reality.
- High-level programming skills for data analysis in MatLab/Python/R.
- Experience in the supervision of B.Sc/M.Sc students.
- A good command of the English language.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF-file to Prof. Dr. Peter König (email@example.com) with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2023. Further information can be obtained from Prof. Dr. Peter König (email@example.com).