Research Assistant (m/f/d)
(salary grade E 13 TV-L, 100%)
The Computer Science Institute at the School of Mathematics/Computer Science (Embedded Software Systems Group) is seeking to appoint a research assistant to commence work at the earliest possible date. The position is limited for three years.
The Embedded Software Systems group offers an optimal research environment. We cooperate nationally and internationally with leading experts and companies.
The person holding this position should scientifically work on and improve methods from the field of construction and analysis of future embedded software systems - especially in the context of system software - as part of the research activities of the working group. Depending on personal background and interests, different non-functional system properties, such as reliability, real-time properties, energy and memory consumption or scalability on heterogeneous multi-core architectures, or special/new functional properties, such as intelligent behavior (machine learning/artificial intelligence despite resource limitations ), are the focus of the work.
- Participation in our research in the field of embedded software systems
- Participation in the development of new research directions and project acquisition
- Support for student recruitment measures
- Publication of research results at national and international level
- Your own academic qualifications in the form of a doctorate
- An excellent university degree in computer science or a related subject, with a focus on embedded systems, system software or software technology
- In-depth knowledge of the aforementioned subject areas and interest in empirical research
- Experience in “low-level” software development (C/C++, assembler)
- Very good language skills in English
Additional qualifications (optional):
- Research experience in the aforementioned subject areas, proven by publications of scientific results
- Proficient handling of UNIX/Linux systems
- Good language skills in German
The position is available on a full-time or part-time basis.
Osnabrück University is a family-friendly university and is committed to helping working/studying parents balance their family and working lives.
Osnabrück University seeks to guarantee equality of opportunity for women and men and strives to correct any gender imbalance in its schools and departments.
If two candidates are equally qualified, preference will be given to the candidate with disability status.
Please submit your application (including a letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates) by April 14, 2023 as one file via email to Prof. Olaf Spinczyk (email@example.com).
For further information on this job offer feel free to contact Prof. Spinczyk by email. We are looking forward to getting in touch with you.