Cost of living
© Universität Osnabrück / Michael Münch
Roughly the following costs will be incurred (you will need around € 850 per month to cover your cost of living):
- Books, copies and other study materials: € 25 to 50 per month
- Rent: approx. € 175 to 350 per month
- Food: student canteens (Mensa), run by Osnabrück Student Services, offer inexpensive meals (for about € 4 per day).
An additional € 75 to 130 per month is required to prepare meals at home.
- Health insurance: around € 110 per month
- Semester fees: € 366.33 for the winter semester 2020/21 (reduced fees for exchange students and DAAD scholarship holders: € 291.33)
- Housing deposit: you will generally be asked to pay a deposit for an apartment or room, which will be reimbursed when you move out. Private rooms or apartments usually require a deposit of three months’ rent. Student residences require a deposit of € 400 for a room.
- mandatory licence fee for public radio and TV: 18.36 EUR per month (additional information may be found on the webside of ARD ZDF Beitragsservice