ERASMUS+ Traineeships at Osnabrück University
Universität Osnabrück | Fotolia| Ivan A. Zlobin
Osnabrück University welcomes students from around the world to conduct an ERASMUS+ traineeship in one of our renowned Schools and Research Facilities. Students will have the opportunity to enhance their intercultural awareness, gain valuable work experience in an international environment and thus improve their career prospects.
The following information is intended to prepare you in the best possible way for the expectations of Erasmus+ interns and the demands on you as departments or institutes. We are happy to support you in hosting international interns! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
- Sign the Learning Agreement for Traineeships and send it back to the intern before the start of the internship.
- Support the intern regarding visa requirements (e.g. by submitting an invitation letter).
- Help the intern to find accommodation (please note that the Studierendenwerk generally offers rental contracts with a term of 6 months and is therefore unattractive for interns)
- Support the interns in their first steps in Osnabrück (opening a bank account, registering at the Foreigners' Registration Office, etc.).
- Ensure that you supervise the interns, especially with regard to the learning objectives according to the Learning Agreement for Traineeships that has been concluded
- If significant changes occur during the internship (including but not limited to a change in internship dates, changes in projects, etc.), these changes must be recorded in writing in the Learning Agreement for Traineeships - During the Mobility as soon as possible. If a trainee wishes to extend the internship, this extension must be agreed upon at least one month before the end of the internship
- Issue an internship certificate (Learning Agreement for Traineeships - After the Mobility) within five weeks after the end of the internship.
ERASMUS+ traineeships represent an individual arrangement between one of Osnabrück University’s Schools and Research Facilities and the trainee. An existing inter-institutional agreement between Osnabrück University and the sending institution is not a prerequisite.
Trainees obtain funding through their home institution. No salary is paid out by Osnabrück University. The trainee himself is responsible for an appropriate insurance coverage (accident insurance, health insurance, private liability insurance, etc.).
A traineeship is to be carried out in full-time (i.e. 40 hours a week) and should be completed within 3 months. As trainees are not enrolled at Osnabrück University, participation in courses is not possible. Likewise, the International Office cannot offer orientation sessions or language classes for incoming trainees.
- Identify a School and/or Research Facility corresponding to your academic and professional interests
- Contact a university lecturer with a brief proposal of your traineeship interest
- Respond If the university lecturer is indeed interested he or she will get back to you. Please note that Osnabrück University’s School and Research Institutes are under no obligation to accept ERASMUS+ trainees.
At this stage, the prospective trainee is expected to provide the Learning Agreement for Traineeships – Before the Mobility to the traineeship supervisor. The Learning Agreement for Traineeships needs to be completed and then signed by the trainee, a representative of the sending institution as well as the supervisor at the hosting School in Osnabrück prior to the start of the traineeship. The hosting School/Institute will check and correct all information.
Your contact for questions
Tel.: +49 541 969-4106
Neuer Graben 27
Sprechzeiten: Eine Beratung erfolgt jederzeit per E-Mail. Persönliche Termine nach Vereinbarung. / Consultation any time by email. Personal appointments upon request.