How does Osnabrück University award study places to international applicants?
Undergraduate degree programs (Bachelor)
Places to attend the first semester of an undergraduate degree program (e.g. Bachelor, State exam) are awarded according to various procedures:
Applicants from non-EU/EEA countries
Five percent of the places on undergraduate degree programs which are subject to admissions restrictions are available to international students from non-EU/EEA countries.
International students from non-EU/EEA countries must apply to the service center uni-assist by 15 June to obtain a place on a degree program with open or restricted admissions.
Applicants from EU/EEA countries
In undergraduate degree programs subject to admissions restrictions, the same selection criteria apply to applicants from EU and EEA countries as for German students: following the deduction of advance quotas, 80 percent of places to attend the first semester of a undergraduate degree program are awarded according to the University’s selection procedure; the remaining 20 percent of places are awarded based on waiting times.
Graduate degree programs (Master)
No differentiation is made between German and international applicants to graduate degree programs (Master’s). Provided that the formal admission requirements are met, places are awarded based on applicants’ professional qualifications. Only a limited number of places are available on some Master’s programs (in German).
All international applicants with foreign certificates must apply via uni-assist to gain a place on a graduate degree program.