Architecture and history of the building
The Guest House is accommodated in a villa which was built by architect Gustav Majewski in 1911 and which has well-preserved, landmarked Art Nouveau elements. In 1995/96, it was renovated by Osnabrück Student Services for use by the University and opened as a Guest House in June 1996. The purchase, renovation and conversion were made possible by state and federal government funding, as well as by generous donations from the City of Osnabrück, local companies and members of the University.
The Senate of the University decideded to name the Guest House after the University’s founding rector and long-time President, Professor Dr. Manfred Horstmann.