Cost of living for international students in Osnabrück
Roughly the following costs will be incurred (you will need around € 850 per month to cover your cost of living):
- Books, copies and other study materials: € 25 to 50 per month
- Rent: approx. € 175 to 350 per month
- Food: student canteens (Mensa), run by Osnabrück Student Services, offer inexpensive meals (for about € 4 per day).
An additional € 75 to 130 per month is required to prepare meals at home.
- Health insurance: around € 110 per month
- Semester fees: € 366,33 for the winter semester 2020/21 (reduced fees for exchange students and DAAD scholarship holders: € 291,33)
- Housing deposit: you will generally be asked to pay a deposit for an apartment or room, which will be reimbursed when you move out. Private rooms or apartments usually require a deposit of three months’ rent. Student residences require a deposit of € 400 for a room.
- For the visa / residence permit non-EU/EEA-students have to prove that they have approx. 9000 EUR at their disposal to cover their living expenses during the first year in Germany
- As a rule, after arrival in Germany non-EU/EEA-students have to apply for a residence permit (approx. 100 EUR)
- Fee for public radio and TV: 17.50 EUR per month
Please do not hesitate to contact the International Office if you have questions.
Malte Paolo Benjamins, M. Sc.
Tel.: +49 541 969-4972
Fax: +49 541 969-4495
Neuer Graben 27
Sprechzeiten: Mo, Mi 14-15:30 Uhr, Di, Do 10-12 Uhr